Saturday, November 15, 2008

St. Marys River is a Fish Boutique

Technology helps me keep up with what is going on in the Sault. I use Google News Alert. Everyday, Google sends me an email with all the news articles where Sault Ste. Marie is mentioned. You can have any subject sent to you as often as you would like. I really like it.

I found the following article this morning, Fishing in the Sault.

The article is about fishing on the St. Marys River right now. The author tells how the St. Marys River is such a great place to fish. "our boutique fishery, and I wish we could get more people to take advantage of it."

"If you'd like a preview of the kind of fishing that is available on the St. Marys, take a look at Lake Superior State University's underwater Webcam at the school's aquatics research laboratory in the Soo Edison electric generating plant.

The Atlantic salmon fishery in the St. Marys is the result of a decades-long effort by LSSU, and an online visit to www.lssu.edu/arl/fishcam offers proof of its success.


Our family enjoys watching the webcam. It is even possible to observe lamprey on salmon which is a concern.
This is where the webcam is located.


My family learning about the LSSU Fisheries hatchery last summer.

No comments: