Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whitefish

The whitefish in the Sault area is unparalled. If you have tried whitefish down state, it doesn't compare-even if the restaurant advertised it as 'fresh'. The whitefish is really fresh here.

We usually get our first whitefish meal of the year at Lockview in the Sault. But this year we stopped in Mackinaw City at Darrow's and I had a whitefish sandwich that was delicious.

What is your favorite spot for whitefish in the Eastern Upper Peninsula? Send me you favorites at saultboatwatcher@gmail.com.

Thanks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the Lockview is the best, but the whitefish sandwich at The Cozy Corner in Brimley is amazing too!

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Anon. Thanks for the note about Cozy Corner. I forgot about that place. I've been there and agree that they have great whitefish and it is a neat restaurant too.

Anonymous said...

I have found that Wilcox's Fish House in Brimley is my favorite.
Rosie

Anonymous said...

We agree that Wilcox's is good, but our very favorite is The Malamute on Tone Road in Kinross. It just can't be beat. We look forward to our vacation up there every year, and especially to the whitefish dinner at the Malamute!! Laura

Soo Boat Watcher said...

Laura, I've never tried the Malamute. I'll have to give it a try this summer. That's for the suggestion.