Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Walmart Opens Today

Sault Ste. Marie will host the ribbon cutting of a brand new Walmart Supercenter this morning. The store is located on the I-75 Business Loop and can also be entered off of 3 Mile Road. The new store is much larger than the previous store and will be open 24 hours a day.

I remember when the F. W. Woolworths opened their new store around 1964 in Sault Ste. Marie. I was one of the first customers after the ribbon cutting. My grandmother worked at the store as the cook and I was very excited about the new store. Several years later, I began working at the Woolworth's lunch counter as a waitress. I worked there for 2 summers. Never had a day as a waitress that I liked. But it did teach me that I had better pursue another career.

No comments: