Friday, August 29, 2008

Labor Day Activities



This weekend is looking like a perfect ending to a wonderful summer. Our temperatures will be in the 70's during the day, with nights in the 50's. No rain is forecast through Monday. So I'm just going to relax and enjoy myself.

I'm recently retired from public school teaching so my Labor Day this year is going to be more relaxed than in previous years. That has its good points but I will miss the excitement of the first day of school. Even teachers get excited.

School begins here Tuesday, Sept. 2 as it does for most public schools in Michigan. So for thousands of kids, the summer will be ending.

The flowers here are continuing to bloom beautifully. The Soo receives more sunshine early in the summer than they do downstate and the result is vibrant, colorful flowers all summer long. My hydrangea bush is blooming like never before and is so full of flowers this year.
My sweet peas are the best that I have had for years. I enjoy just driving around and looking at other people's gardens.

No comments: