Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whitefish Dinners


I could do an entire week of blogs on good places to eat whitefish around the Soo. TV may have their shark week but I could have my whitefish week. The best part is that I have to eat at these places to be able to tell you about them.

Recently our family made a trip west of Brimley to visit one of our favorite places to eat fish. Each year when my son and his family visit, it is one of the 'have-to' activities.

Wilcox's Restaurant is part of Wilcox Fisheries and is located west of Brimley on Lakeshore Drive. Their phone number is (906) 437-5407. It is definitely worth the drive for the wonderful food. They have several fish varieties available daily.

The restaurant is decorated with mounted fish caught in the Lake Superior waters. The decor is simple but this is good eating. We took the whole family from great-grandparents right through the grand-children. The relaxed atmosphere makes it a good place for a large family.

Let me know if you have any places to recommend for whitefish.You can comment on this blog or reach me at saultboatwatcher@gmail.com



One big happy family after finishing our meal.

No comments: