Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Farmer's Market


Last Wednesday I shopped at the Farmer's Market and found some wonderful produce. But that wasn't all.
There was a sense of community as shoppers talked to vendors and all seemed to be having a good time. There was a lot of fresh produce, flowers and other related products.

Pleasant live music was provided which added to the atmosphere.

I purchased a tray of basil which is my favorite herb. With our busy summer, I never had time to plant any, so there hasn't been any pesto this summer. The tray of basil was $5 which is very reasonable plus it came with good advice on when to pick it and how to keep it growing all winter from the seller.

Farmer's Market is every Wednesday from 5:15 - 7:00 PM at the corner of Ashmun and Maple. It runs through October 21. I'll put a link for the information on this site.

No comments: